Condoms and other birth control methods fail and cannot guarantee that your partner will not become pregnant.
There are some questions a guy needs to ask himself before becoming sexually active.
- If your partner became pregnant would you leave her?
- Are you ready to support a child with your time, energy and money for at least the next 18 years?
- Will you go with your partner to tell her parents the news?
- Are you willing to give your child a two-parent family?
Know that you have no legal say in the choice your partner makes with the baby. She may decide to keep the baby or to have an abortion...in either case are you prepared to live with that decision for the rest of your life?
Would you be willing to release your child for an adoption?
Are you willing to learn all about abortion so that you can anticipate possible medical complications and possible relationship problems?
So this wasn't in your plan? And yet, here you are. An unplanned pregnancy affects the dad too and you are experiencing this firsthand.
If you suspect that your partner is pregnant, we want you to know that CPCNI has a wealth of resources and information that specifically address your needs. We can provide you with accurate information and practical support regarding issues such as:
- Pregnancy options
- Right and responsibilities of fathers
- How to become an effective father
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- How to support the baby's mother
- Continuing your education
The decisions you make today will affect you for the rest of your life. So, get the information that you and your partner need. At CPCNI, we can help answer your questions and provide you with factual information so that you can make an informed decision.
For more information call 260-463-7377 (LaGrange office) or 260-668-7773 (Angola office)