CPCNI can successfully carry out its ministry because of the support of volunteers. We are always welcoming new volunteers. If you are interested in becoming a vital part of a rewarding ministry please contact one of our Centers.
There are many ways you can help including:
- Intercessory Prayer Partner: Commit to praying for the CPCNI Board, Staff, Volunteers and Clients; pray for specific needs and general requests. We can contact you for specific prayer requests if you are open to that. You will also receive prayer calendars throughout the year with prayer requests. (Variable time commitment, takes Orientation training – 45minutes -1 hour).
- Church Liason: Take our needs and flyers to your church; make sure upcoming events are listed in your church paper and/or bulletin. Spread the ministry of CPCNI to your church family. (Variable time commitment, takes Orientation Training – 45minutes -1 hour)
- Cleaning: Sweep, dust, scour, and mop the CPC office 1-2 hours twice/month depending on cleaning speed. (Takes Orientation Training– 45minutes -1 hour).
- Computer Tech: Be available to answer our questions and help us with keeping our computers up to date and running smoothly. Variable time commitment. (Takes Orientation Training– 45minutes -1 hour).
- Board members: Church and community contact, funding development, finance, long range planning, fundraising, speak for CPC. Variable time commitment. (Takes Basic Training – 6 hours).
- Baby Shower and Resource Room Material Aid Ministry: Help to sort and/or wash items donated to the Center in the Resource Room. Bag diapers, mark store items, stock shelves in Baby Shower. Variable time commitment. (Takes Basic Training- 6 hours).
- Consultant: Will do one-on-one crisis intervention and on-going consulting; make referrals and follow-up contact with clients; maintain accurate and confidential files; attend in-service training. One year, 3-hour weekly commitment. (Takes Complete Training – 18 hours).
Other ways to help:
- Host a “Baby Shower”: Gather your women’s ministry, girlfriends, family, co-workers and have a baby shower where you can bring in needed items for our Baby Shower Store (see our “Wish List” page or call one of our Centers for more ideas).
- Donate new items necessary for the care of an infant, toddler or pregnant mother (see our “Wish List” page or call one of our Centers for more ideas).